Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Healthcare headaches

I'm pleased to announce that I have started writing a weekly blog on the website of US News and World Report, Healthcare Headaches. This blog will aim to inform patients about current health issues and how to navigate the health system to get the care they need. The first entry, 3 Ways to Get Your Doctor to Take Your Pain Seriously, discusses a recent study in the Journal of General Internal Medicine about doctors' misperceptions of patients' health beliefs and provides practical tips to patients on how to communicate their needs to clinicians.

US News has given me permission to excerpt or re-post Healthcare Headaches content on Common Sense Family Doctor one week after an entry goes live on their website, which I will do if it makes sense to do so (e.g. involves a primary care theme). In the meantime, please feel free to tell your friends, colleagues, and patients about my new blog. Thank you!